Where We Are Located
Nestled in the hills at the edge of the Peak District National Park, Glossop is a beautiful town with lots to see and do for the day-tripper or the holidaymaker.
Our local market is well known all over the Peak District for its enormous array of fresh goods that would satisfy even the most demanding of palates. The market is open on Fridays and Saturdays with a huge extended market on every bank holiday Monday throughout the year.
Glossop High Street stretches through the entire length of the village and offers a wonderful shopping experience whether browsing for bric-a-brac of stocking up on local specialities like our farm-reared meat and local fish.
Glossop is surrounded by magnificent countryside. The Dark Peak areas of Kinder Scout and Bleaklow are close to the town, as is the beautiful Longendale valley with its chain of reservoirs.
There is plenty of scope close to Glossop for outdoor activities, including walking, cycling, rock-climbing, sailing, fishing and other sports.
How to Get Here
From Manchester Airport
- Take the M56 north and merge with the M60
- At junction 24, take the A57 exit to Denton/M67/Hyde/Sheffield
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto M67
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Hyde Rd/A57
- Turn right onto Woolley Ln/A57 (signs for Glossop)
From the Railway Station
- Take the train to Glossop Rail Station
- Cross Norfolk Street
- Welcome to The George Hotel!